Businesses are becoming more and more aware of the importance of providing good working conditions for their employees to create a healthy, motivating environment that attracts talent.
Employees don’t only value their salaries, social benefits have become highly valued for companies and are an important decision-making factor when considering a job offer for one’s well-being (which translates into performance) at the company.
These benefits, which aren’t part of the economic gain of the employee, aim to boost their quality of life, and that of their coworkers. In this post, we’ll show you examples of highly valuable social benefits and at dothegap, we have much to share about that! Let’s jump right in.
5 examples of enriching and surprising social benefits
1) Gym at work: in Nordic countries it’s been common for many years to have a designated space for exercise and rest at work, without the need to leave the office. It’s a great way to encourage sport and health, both physical and mental, for employees. Moreover, it boost motivation and helps bond teams.
2) Free books: large editorial companies, as well as those in other sectors, have participated in programmes to provide employees free books. This includes lists of books that are updated periodically and the possibility to create book clubs with work colleagues.
3) Extended maternity and paternity leave: the chance to create a family and promote its well-being are basic elements to create a happy team. Companies around the world are extending these leaves, beyond what is offered by the state, as well as helping with reconciliation and offering educational programmes for their children, as well as for families who need it most.
4) Flexible holidays with paid trips: this has become an international trend that’s spreading from companies specialised in tourism. This involves not only offering less rigid durations or times of the year for enjoying holidays, but also helping employees cover the cost of their travels so that they can have enriching experiences.
5) Cultural exchanges for children: we keep saying that family benefits are becoming more and more important and traveling is more and more valuable, so how could you not provide these same activities for the children of your employees? An cultural exchange offers the youngest a new perspective, important values like tolerance will prepare them for the open world.
In this last social benefit, we can help you! The new dothegap employees is for companies to create a community that puts employees in touch in different destinations around the globe, making it easy to organise cultural exchanges for your children, without additional costs or administrative work, only paying for the trip.
Would you like your company to offer this social benefit? You’ll promote an important social benefit to your employees and contribute to a more open, plural and tolerant society. Because traveling should be at everybody’s reach. Get in touch with us.